macOS 10.14 Mojave is now available from the Mac App Store. Anyone who has purchased Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, OS X 10.7 Lion, OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, or has OS X 10.9 Mavericks, OS X 10.10 Yosemite, OS X 10.11 El Capitan, macOS 10.12 Sierra or macOS 10.13 High Sierra installed will be able to upgrade for no cost.
What we know about 10.14.0 so far…
- macOS Build 18A391
- Automatic HFS+ to APFS conversion upon install.
- Updated Intel, NVIDIA, and AMD graphics drivers
- NVIDIA Alternate Graphics Drivers have NOT been updated for macOS Mojave yet. Users of NVIDIA Maxwell or Pascal graphics cards should stay on macOS High Sierra for now.
- AMD, NVIDIA, Intel Non-Metal capable graphics devices no longer supported in macOS Mojave. Support for many Legacy graphics cards has been eliminated.
- Mojave Graphics Card Support: AMD Radeon HD 7xxx and higher, Intel HD 4000 and higher, NVIDIA 6xx and 7xx ‘Kepler’
- Updated audio drivers- to re-enable audio in macOS Mojave, see this post.
- Updated USB drivers
- New Raise Port Limit patch required for some systems. See here for details.
- Updated Wifi drivers
- For legacy support of Atheros and Broadcom Wifi, rollback or replace /System/Library/IO80211Family.kext with macOS 10.13.6 High Sierra version.
Testing is now underway- this post will be updated. Good luck, and let us know how it goes! Report your results here.